It’s been nearly a month of organizing spaces now so you know the drill! As with other areas, take everything out of the freezer and wipe it down. You now have a clean slate for storing items.
- Sort like items together and discard items that are too old for consumption.
- If you don’t already have this practice in place, label items that are going back in the freezer so you can easily identify what they are.
- You can use a labeler or just a piece of masking tape and a sharpie.
- In the future, include both the item and the date you put it in there.
- Excess air in containers or plastic bags can result in freezer burn so use containers and bags that are sized according to the amount of food you have to freeze.