Oahu has many great resources to support residents and businesses in the organizing process.
- Cash for Clutter
- List removal
- Storage Accessories
If what you are getting rid of cannot be recycled or donated and is in fact trash, here are some resources related to disposal.
- Aloha Aina community recycling days (Hazardous household waste and Christmas trees)
- Bulky Item Pickup (Opala.org)
- Pacific Junk Removal
- Sort it Out/What to Recycle, How To Dispose… (Opala.org)
Often clients feel better about donating items (clothes, books, household items, furniture) rather than throwing them away. However, if the item is not in working condition, it is usually best to throw it out so the receiving agencies do not have to do so.
Here are some great local resources for passing along gently-used items. It is recommended to inquire within each individual organization to determine which specific type of donation items they take.
- Becca’s Closet (MAUI – dresses)
- The Bella Project (Gently-used formal dresses, shoes, accessories, NEW makeup/skincare)
- Better World Books (free shipping)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii (Maui, Oahu – Clothes, household goods, etc.)
- Book Ends (children’s books – Los Angeles)
- Cell Phones for Soldiers (Used cell phones)
- Children’s Art Healing Project (New art supplies – Portland, OR)
- Craigslist (Post in the “free stuff” Category)
- Dress for Success Honolulu (YWCA) (Women’s professional clothes)
- Friends of the Library of Hawaii (Books, magazines)
- Goodwill Car Donations
- Goodwill of Hawaii (Clothes, household goods, etc.)
- Hawaii Foodbank (Food)
- Hawaiian Humane Society (old towels, unexpired pet food, pet supplies)
- Helping Hands Hawaii Community Clearinghouse (clothing, bedding, furniture, household items and supplies, small appliances and unused personal hygiene items)
- Institute for Human Services (Food, clothes, toiletries, linens, cars)
- Kalihi Valley Instructional Bike Exchange
- Kidney Foundation of Hawaii (Clothes, household goods, etc.
- Lions Club (Eyeglasses)
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (Office supplies, furniture, equipment; craft supplies; medical equipment and supplies)
- Project C.U.R.E. (Medical supplies)
- Rebloom Hawaii (Gently used fresh flowers from recent events)
- Re-Use Hawaii (Building material)
- Salvation Army of Hawaii (Clothes, household goods, etc.)
- United Cerebral Palsy (Clothes, household goods, etc.)
eWaste (electronic waste) is an increasingly common disposal item.
The Department of Environmental Services offers guidelines/resource for how to properly dispose of ewaste.
- Aloha Aina community recycling days
- Best Buy Electronics and Appliances Recycling
- Call2Recycle (Batteries and Cellphones)
- Computer Recycling Center (free shipping for laptop donations)
- DirectTV Tech Recycling Centers Directory (provides zip code-based directory search for your area)
- Green Disk Services (Mail-in service for certified hard drive destruction and environmentally-friendly ewaste disposal)
- Hawaiian Hope (Computers, hard drives, power supplies)
- Hopeline from Verizon (Cellphones)
- HP Ink and LaserJet Cartridges (Drop-off or mail-in by requesting a pre-paid envelope)
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (Cellphones, laptops, Mp3 players, digital cameras, video game systems)
- Pacific Commerical Services (For Businesses only: computers, electronics, household appliances)
From junk mail to unwanted calls, list removal can be a great investment.
- Catalog Choice (Mail)
- National Do Not Call Registry
- Remove Your Name (Internet Searches)
- Tonic Mailstopper (Mail list removal with membership)
Moving can be a great stress, but hiring movers can help alleviate some of it.
Contact us for recommendations on photo-related resources. Our membership in APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers) gives us access to the latest resources in photo storage, preservation, and digitization of photos.
Living on an island, recycling is critically important in the effort to preserve and sustain the land. Here are some resources for helping you do so.
- Best Buy Appliance Recycling
- Blue Jeans Go Green (All denim, no local drop-off locations but mailing label may be requested)
- Department of Environmental Services (Opala.org)
- Hawai’i Beverage Container Deposit Program
- HP Supplies Recycling (HP ink cartidges)
- Recycle Hawaiii (Big Island)
- Recycle Nation
With the rise in fraudulent activity, shredding confidential and personal information is increasingly important. In addition to your own home or office shredder, there are shredding services which can assist you with your shredding and data destruction needs.
Maximizing storage is key in optimizing your home for greater organization. Here are some products that may help:
- Retract-a-Rack (Overhead garage storage)
This page is a work in progress and we are always open to listing additional resources…please Contact us if you have one to share.