We are nearing the end of an entire month of tidying spaces now so you know the drill! As with other areas, take everything out of the freezer and wipe it down. You now have a clean slate for storing items.
- Sort like items together and discard items that are too old for consumption.
- Make a quick list of things you have in the freezer to use for meal planning this week and next.
- Moving forward, make a habit to take a peek in the freezer when you are meal planning.
- Wondering how long these will keep in the fridge and freezer? Here’s what the FDA recommends.
- If you don’t already have this practice in place, label items that are going back in the freezer so you can easily identify what they are.
- You can use a labeler or just a piece of masking tape and a sharpie.
- In the future, include both the item and the date you put food in the freezer.
- Excess air in containers or plastic bags can result in freezer burn so use containers and bags that are sized according to the amount of food you have to freeze.
Read another amazing post
« Tidy-in-Place Challenge APRIL 29: Fridge | September’s “Photo Organizing Boot Camp” »